5 Comforting Slow Cooker Keto Recipes
Is there anything that makes better comfort food than something warm, hearty and that fills your home with amazing scents like a keto slow cooker dinner? Have you ever thought why do slow cooker recipes stand the test of time? Because of the simplicity! Dump all your ingredients in, set the temperature, set the timer, and you’re done – a delicious keto comfort meal waits for you when you come back home. Here is a selection of my favourite 5 Comforting Slow Cooker Keto Recipes that are perfect to try this Fall 😊 🎃 🍂.
But fist, here are some handy slow cooker tips and tricks to try!
- ✔Coating the inside of the slow cooker with a non-stick spray can prevent the need for scrubbing later.
- ✔Liner bags made for slow cookers make cleanup effortless yay!
- ✔Brown your meat before adding it to the slow cooker for extra flavour!
- ✔For most slow cookers, the high setting is approximately 280F or 140C and the low setting is approximately 170F or 77C.
- ✔Cooking on high for one hour is about the same as cooking on the low setting for two hours.
- ✔Add fresh herbs at the end to keep their flavours bright and fresh.
- ✔Place hard vegetables at the bottom of the slow cooker where they will have more moisture.
- ✔Don’t place frozen food in as this will alter the cooking time.
- ✔Don’t keep lifting the lid and peeking as this will also slow the cooking process.
1. Tuscan Garlic Chicken
This creamy Tuscan garlic chicken with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes is right up there with the best! If you love bold flavours and recipes that are simple to make then this is definitely perfect for you. Serve with some hot cauliflower rice and you have a perfect keto dinner on your table. At 8g of net carbs per serving this is definitely a winning low carb recipe 😉 Get the recipe from Wholesome Yum here.
2. Chicken Tikka Masala
Everyone loves a good spicy curry to warm them up on a cold evening and this Slow Cooker KETO Chicken Tikka Masala recipe from Ruled.Me is insane 😛 Chop the chicken, chuck it in with the spices and other bits and a couple of hours later you have a creamy, flavourful keto curry! The recipe comes in at 5.8g carbs per serving. Serve with cauliflower rice (like everything else 😁) Click here for the recipe.
3. Low Carb Pizza Casserole
Everyone loves pizza and this particular keto recipe is a gem for ANYONE who loves the flavours of pizza but hates the hassle of making an actual pizza! The great thing is that you can customise the recipe as you would do your pizza. Pile the casserole high with tasty toppings, turn on high and boom. Each serving is only 2g of carbs and is sure to be a hit 🍕. Get the full recipe from Eatingonadime.com here.
4. Slow Cooker Meatballs
✔1 lb (450g) Italian sausage meat
✔1/2 lb (225g) ground beef
✔1 cup grated Parmesan
✔1 tbsp Italian seasoning
✔Salt and pepper
✔1 can crushed tomatoes
✔1/2 cup beef stock
✔1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
✔1 tsp garlic powder
✔1 tsp onion powder
1. In a large bowl, combine sausage meat with ground beef, parsley, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning and black pepper. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form golf-sized balls and set aside in a plate.
2. In a skillet over medium-head, add a tablespoon olive oil and quickly brown meatballs on all sides. Transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker insert.
3. Add the sauce ingredients (tomato sauce, beef or vegetable stock, Italian seasoning, Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, 1/2 cup parmesan and parsley) over the meatballs and give a good stir. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4 hours.
4. Serve hot, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
5. Thai Chicken Thighs
At 7g of carbs per serving this keto slow cooker dish is perfect for a midweek dinner. This one takes 6 hours to cook so chuck everything in the pot early and you will come back home to a flavourful, fragrant Keto inspired Thai dinner. Serve alongside…..you guessed it CAULIFLOWER RICE or if you’re feeling fancy then make my Keto Garlic Dough Balls. Get the full recipe here from Jocooks.com 🙈.
Healthy keto food is only a timer away with these awesomely comforting Slow Cooker Keto Recipes. It’ll definitely make skipping the Drive Thru on the way home easier 🤣
Thanks for reading