Keto Chocolate Mousse
You will need
- 130g or 5oz 85% Dark Chocolate
- 3 eggs separated
- 120ml or 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
Yes, ANOTHER chocolate recipe 😀.This bubbly Keto Chocolate Mousse is a delicious low carb treat, perfect for special occasions or even just after your dinner. It is full of rich, dark chocolate, cream and of course, lots of bubbles! 🍫🍫
Of all the desserts or after-dinner treats you can make, this one has to be the easiest and tastiest. Using only 3 basic ingredients and taking about 10 minutes to whip up. Be careful with the sweetener you use though. I initially made it using a generic sweetener I had lying around from Aldi and it tasted so acrid and bitter that it completely ruined the taste. The second time around I used a blend of erythritol and stevia and it tasted much better.
You can always mix things up by adding in some orange zest, espresso or mint extract but I personally think it is perfect just as it is!
- Firstly start off by melting the chocolate and cream together and allow to cool.
- Next, separate the eggs and add in the egg yolks and pinch of salt to the cooled chocolate mix.
- In a mixer, beat the egg whites and sweetener on high until stiff peaks form.
- Then, fold in a spoon of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and beat. Continue to gently fold in the remainder by hand until fully incorporated. Be gentle not to knock out all the air.
- Pour into martini glasses or whichever glasses you like and chill for at least 2 hours.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days! 🍫🍫
Serve this mousse for dessert with a dollop of whipped cream!