Cheesy Keto Fritters
You will need
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice or 300g grated cauliflower
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese 60g
- 1 ounce blanched almond flour or 30g
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scallion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Nutrition per serving
These little cheesy keto fritters are one of my absolute favourite things to eat for lunch. They are delicious, easy to make and is only 5g carbs per serving of 3 thick fritters 😊 The fritters are perfect for a lunch or even as a dinner side with your favourite meat!
What’s great about this recipe is that it is very versatile meaning you can ‘jazz’ it up any way you like. Think of this recipe as a starting point to which you can add any combination of things.
Possible Fritter Ideas:
- Cheesy jalapeño fritters
- Bacon and cheese fritters
- Cheese and sun-dried tomato fritters
- Mushroom and sautéed onion fritters
- Cheese and sweetcorn fritters
Try not to be over-eager and flip before the fritters are ready. They should be crispy and golden brown on the bottom. It’s easy to tell if you’re flipping them too early — they will not flip easily and might even fall apart.
- Start off by combining the cauliflower mixture with cheese, almond flour, eggs, chilli flakes and pepper, stirring until well-mixed.
- Next heat a wide pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot. Spread butter on the pan as it melts.
- Then, for thicker fritters scoop about 1/5 cup of the mixture onto the hot pan and flatten with a spatula to form a 3-4 inch patty.
- For thinner fritters use 2-3 tbsp.
- Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes, then carefully flip to cook the other side.
- Lastly, serve hot and top with scallions and a little blob of sour cream 😉
This recipe makes 6 thick Cheesy keto Fritters or 10 thinner ones!