Cheesy Tomato Soup
You will need
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (70 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tins tomatoes (800 g/ 28 oz)
- 2 cups chicken stock (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar (226 g/ 8 oz)
- White pepper
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- Dash of sweetener (about 1/2 tsp)
Nutrition per serving
This Cheesy Tomato Soup combines the taste of a grilled cheese sandwich with creamy tomato soup. It is the ultimate comfort food, ready in 20 minutes and only 5g of carbs per bowl yay 😀
It is perfect for lunches or you could throw some meat into it and have it for dinner. I’m thinking sausage would be great in it or shredded chicken!
- Firstly, start off by heating the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes to the oil and cook until soft.
- Then, add the tomatoes, stock, cream and bring to a boil.
- Next, add the grated cheese to the soup a little at a time until it’s fully melted into the soup.
- Use an immersion blender and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and season to your liking with salt, pepper and sweetener if needed!
This recipe makes 6 bowls of Cheesy Tomato Soup!