Chilli Lime Cauliflower Popcorn
You will need
- 1 head of cauliflower 500g-600g in weight
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Tbsp of Chilli Lime Seasoning
Chilli Lime Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder chipotle powder, or paprika*
- A teaspoon lime zest approximately 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Nutrition per serving
A while back I did a blog post on Keto cinema snacks and about the keto treat options that are at hand to cinema goers. Fast forward a few months and I am now able to say that my favourite keto cinema snack ever is ‘Chilli Lime Cauliflower Popcorn’. Now, I know what you’re all thinking, that I have finally lost it but I guarantee if you try this spicy snack you will make it over and over again 👍
Now, I can’t actually claim credit for the recipe because it came from ‘Valeries Home Cooking’ (a cooking show by Valerie Bertinelli which I LOVE). Anyway, she made the popcorn and served it in little popcorn boxes with some chilled white wine and I thought WOW that’s a keto cinema snack right there…..minus the wine….maybe 🤷
I love cauliflower and it is a great keto veg for adding flavour to. It totally absorbs the chilli lime seasoning and tastes almost smokey like BBQ flavoured. It takes a couple of minutes to prepare the mix and chop the cauliflower but the rest of the work is done in the oven!
The head of cauliflower yields 2 nice portions of Chilli Lime Cauliflower Popcorn each totalling 5.5g carbs per serving. Whether it’s the cinema or a bowl of nibbles on the couch, this stuff is an awesome keto snack you have to try 😉
- Firstly preheat the oven to 200c or 400f.
- Next, trim the cauliflower and cut it into tiny florets, the size of popcorn. Toss in a large bowl with the oil and chilli lime seasoning until evenly coated. Tip out onto a large roasting tray and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Tossing occasionally. The cauliflower should be golden and tender.
- Divide evenly between individual serving bowls or popcorn boxes and serve warm as a movie snack 🍿🍿🍿
The whole head makes two large portions of Chilli Lime Cauliflower Popcorn, each with 5.5g of carbs!