Choc Orange Keto Cookies
You will need
- 2.5 cups/250g ground almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup or 90g of Sukrin Gold
- Zest of an Orange
- 3oz dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Nutrition per serving
A twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and I think even tastier! For me the perfect chocolate chip cookie is chewy and dense and snaps if you break it. Enter my Choc Orange Keto Cookies!
These Choc Orange Keto Cookies actually remind me of a Terrys Chocolate Orange (yikes, remember how amazing THEY are). Aside from the sukrin gold, everything else is kitchen basics. The Sukrin Gold is a keto alternative to brown sugar and is great in the recipe as it adds chewiness and great flavour. I have included a link to buy some on Amazon!
- First off preheat your oven to 180C or 320F.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and orange zest.
- Next, in a separate bowl, melt butter and combine with vanilla, dark chocolate chips and eggs.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a dough mixture has formed.
- *This step is optional, but I like to chill my dough before baking to ensure it keeps it’s shape in the oven.
- Lastly, scoop 1 tbsp of dough per cookie and press flat onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of your favourite coffee for an afternoon treat 🍪🍪🍪
Tip– what I like to do is reheat and refresh the cookies in a 175C/350F oven for 3-5 minutes. Your toaster oven should work just fine. This improves the texture and there’s nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie!
This recipe makes 16 Choc Orange Keto Cookies!