Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Bark
You will need
- 1–1/2 cups or(100-150g) whole almonds
- 7 oz or 200g chocolate (85%)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coarse flake sea salt
- Sweetener to taste
Nutrition per serving
Ireland doesn’t stock a whole pile of keto or low carb treats and so I find myself making the majority of mine. While Amazon is stocked with keto friendly treats such as Lily’s Chocolate or Choc Zero, I am not about to spend $26 on a bar of chocolate when I can make my own 🤦♀️Take this Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Bark I like to make. It’s simply melting, mixing and setting and then boom, a homemade keto bar of choccie 🍫🍫🍫
The good thing about this recipe is that it is totally adaptable. So, if you don’t like almonds, then use some nuts you do like!
Possible keto-friendly bark toppings:
- Pistachios and Orange Zest
- Coconut Flakes
- Candied Pecans
- First line a 9-by-13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread half of the almonds, evenly spaced, across the pan. Set aside.
- Next, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, in either a double-boiler over gently simmering water, or in a heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave. Once the chocolate is completely melted and smooth, stir in the vanilla and sweetener.
- Then, slowly pour into the sheet pan over the almonds, and use an offset spatula to gently spread into an even, smooth layer. Top with the remaining almonds, and gently press into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt. Firmly tap the bottom of the sheet pan against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes to set, then let sit at room temperature for about an hour to completely set.
- Once completely set and hardened, lift the bark out of the pan using the parchment paper, and use a large knife to cut the bark into pieces. Alternatively, simply use your fingers to break the chocolate into pieces. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
The entire slab has 34g of carbs so feel free to portion as you like! My Nutrition is based on 10 servings.