Cinnamon Donut Bites
You will need
- 120g (1.2 cups) almond flour
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 whey protein powder
Nutrition per serving
This keto version of classic donut bites is amazing! Each bite is 1g of carbs and is sweet enough to satisfy your afternoon cravings.
How I made it keto you ask? Well, put simply, all I did was I subbed a few ingredients and used sweetener instead of sugar! Almond Flour replaces the traditional white flour and whey protein is added to give a bit more texture. On the whole they do both look and taste like Cinnamon Donut Bites. The main taste is the sweet cinnamon and that is exactly what you get in each mouthful 😊
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 175c or 350f
- Then, in a bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Next, whisk in the egg, water, melted butter, and vanilla
- Scoop into donut hole trays or a mini muffin tray. (you really need to put them in something as they will flatten in the oven unless encased)
- Bake for 18 minutes in the oven.
Allow to cool and sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar!
Recipe makes 12 Cinnamon Donut Bites in total with 2 bites per serving!