Creamy Broccoli Cup a Soup
You will need
- 300g of frozen Broccoli
- 50mls or 3.5 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 small packet of bacon lardons (or 80g bacon shopped into small pieces)
- 60g parmesan finely grated (about 4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- Grinding of sea salt
- Cup chicken broth
Nutrition per serving
So today I wanted a tasty and filling lunch that wasn’t eggs AGAIN (Keto lunch Problems 101) 😄, seriously, I get so sick of eggs for lunch everyday. I also wanted something that wouldn’t take too long to make and that was obviously low carb. This delicious Creamy Broccoli Cup a Soup is exactly that!
It’s thick, creamy, salty and slightly sweet from broccoli. It’s also practically zero carbs and super filling. Usually, being Irish, i’d put SPUDS in all my soups to bulk them out but this soup actually doesn’t need the added bulk with all the bacon, parmesan and cream 😱. If you wanted to bulk it out for dinner you could add some shredded chicken breast and a slice of keto bread .
Oh and don’t let the serving size fool you, this soup packs 19g of fat in a cup and we all know that fat keeps you full for longer!
- In a medium pot, boil the broccoli for 5 minutes until just tender.
- While the broccoli is boiling, fry the bacon pieces until nice and coloured.
- Next, remove the broccoli from the heat and drain. Return the broccoli to the pot and add in the bacon pieces.
- Then, add in a cup of chicken broth, the cream and the parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend in the pot using an immersion blender.
Serve immediately in a mug for a delicious and warming keto lunch!
This recipe makes 2 cups of Creamy Broccoli Cup a Soup