Creamy Keto Cauliflower Mash
You will need
- 400 grams cauliflower about half a head
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
Nutrition per serving
Winter is coming and I say bring on the comfort food! Keto comfort food makes me immediately think of my ‘Creamy Keto Cauliflower Mash’. This mash is buttery, lightly seasoned and absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect low carb accompaniment to any keto dish and only takes minutes to make 😃.
The good news for those following keto or a low carb diet is that eating a cup of cauliflower packs just 20 calories and 2g net carbs plus vitamin c, calcium, and iron! If you did wanted to add a hint of tartness to the mash, sour cream, greek yogurt, or a small amount of cream cheese does the trick. I have also tried a roasted garlic version and it is a delicious twist on the classic. Throw in some meat and keto gravy and you have a tasty Sunday dinner.
Some other great ideas for the creamy keto cauliflower mash
- Shepherds Pie (Minced beef topped with the mash)
- Chicken Pie topped with the Mash
- Chunky Beef Stew topped with Mash
Oh and can you tell I have finally jumped on the Game Of Thrones bandwagon 🤣🤣🤣.
Hope you enjoy
- Start off with a large pot full of boiling water. Add 2 tsp salt and a chicken stock cube. (the stock cube adds so much flavour to the mash)
- Next, add the cauliflower florets and cook until fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower, butter, cream and and seasoning to the blender and blitz.
- Process until your creamy keto cauliflower mash are smooth.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- Lastly, serve warm with a juicy steak or chicken dish 👍
Serve this Creamy Keto Cauliflower Mash up with your favourite meat for a perfect low-carb, keto dinner!