Crunchy Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins
You will need
- 1 cup or 100g ground almonds
- 1 carrot finely grated (100g approx)
- 30g or 2 tbsp flax meal
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup about 60g in weight melted butter
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
Following on my my latest blog post on 15 Mouthwatering Keto Breakfast Ideas these Crunchy Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat to enjoy with a coffee! Coming in at just 2g carbs per muffin, not only are they keto-friendly and low carb but also 100% absolutely delicious 😃
If you’re feeling particularly fancy, you could even go one step further and top the muffins with a sugar-free cream cheese frosting (cream cheese, butter, sweetener, lemon zest and vanilla).
Bake on a Sunday in 30 minutes and store them in an airtight container and you have your breakfast prepared for the week!
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 175C or 350F and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin liners.
- Next, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Place all other ingredients into a mixer and combine. Add in melted butter and mix again.
- Scoop into the 6 prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Eat these treats for breakfast on the go or even serve them with cream cheese frosting for an afternoon coffee treat 😃
This recipe yields 6 Crunchy Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins !