Yummy Almond Keto Bread
You will need
- 6 eggs separated
- 4 tbsp salted butter (60gr)
- 1.5 cups ground almonds (150gr)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Pinch of cream of tartar
Nutrition per serving
For anyone doing keto, a good bread recipe is a must. Once you have a tasty bread nailed, a whole pile of options opens up to you such as um FRENCH TOAST, avocado toast or even just a peanut butter toasted sandwich. Whatever your jam, this Easy Keto Bread recipe will work for you 😄.
Although slightly time consuming to make, this bread is pretty close to actual bread especially when fried or toasted. It doesn’t taste woefully eggy nor is it soggy in texture. I like to allow mine to fully cool on a wire rack and then cut it into slices. I find that allowing air in between the slices helps with the texture and helps it to ‘dry out’.
Everyone has a favourite thing to do with bread and aside from French Toast mine is just SLATHERING it in Kerrygold butter 😱
Here’s to an awesome January 😀
- Firstly, start off by separating the eggs into 2 bowls.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, beat the egg whites on high with the sweetener and cream of tartar (use a mixing machine if u have one) beat until you have good stiff peaks.
- Then, melt the butter and allow it to cool. Once cooled add it to the egg yolks and mix until pale and creamy.
- Add in half the dry ingredients to the egg yolks and mix.
- Then add in 1/3 of the egg whites and mix again.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and gently incorporate and then fold in the other 2/3 of egg whites (be careful not to knock the air out as this is what gives it rise and texture)
- Lastly, pour into a lined loaf tin and bake at 350F or 175C for 30 minutes.
10 thick slices at 2g carbs each or 20 thin slices at 1g carbs!