Easy Keto Tortillas
You will need
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp arrowroot (i used this instead of xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp room temp water
- Pinch of sweetener
Nutrition per serving
I’ll keep this short. A taco washed down with a margarita doesn’t sound like something that a person following a keto diet should be eating. IIFYM (if it fits your macros) then why the hell not, roll on Taco Tuesdays 🌮🌮🌮🍹🍹🍹
These Easy Keto Tortillas requires no fancy ingredients or equipment and take less than 30 minutes to make. What’s great about them is that they are soft, flexible and a great vessel to hold all the delicious keto toppings you want in your mouth 🤣
You get 8 tortillas per batch of the dough at 2g of carbs per tortilla. You could even make these into sweet tortillas and serve them with syrup for breakfast!
Update, the tortillas are very brittle without the xanthan gum so if you have it, absolutely use it instead of the arrowroot!
Fillings for your Tacos
- Spicy Chilli
- Pulled Pork
- Mexican Chicken
- Spicy Beef
Washed down with A low Carb Marg
- 3 fl oz Tequila
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Orange extract or zest
- 0.5 tsp sweetener
- 2.5 cup Ice cubes
- Sea salt (for salted rim)
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
Blend everything and enjoy!
- Start off by adding all the dry ingredients to a food processor and slowly add in the wet ingredients.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap in cling. Knead for a few minutes and then place into fridge to chill for minimum 30 minutes.
- Next, weigh the dough and break into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll out each individual tortilla in between two pieces of parchment to get as thin as possible.
- Fry in a very hot, buttered frying pan or skillet for 5 seconds on one side and then flip and cook for 40 seconds.
Keep them warm and soft in a tea-towel until ready to serve!
This recipe makes 8 Easy Keto Tortillas at 2g carbs each! The Margarita serves 2 and has 1g carbs each.