Homemade Keto Marinara
You will need
- 1 28oz (800g) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped finely
Nutrition per serving
A good low carb Marinara sauce is essential in any keto kitchen and I ain’t paying the big bucks for it on Amazon 🤷Instead, I choose to make my own Homemade Keto Marinara which is probably nicer, costs very little and is super easy to make!
The sauce is all about the tomatoes so try your best to get good quality ones. The entire batch makes roughly 3 cups of sauce with each half cup being 5g of carbs. If I am making a bolognese for example I would probably use 1 cup which would be 10g of carbs but this would be for 4 big portions 🐖
Uses for Homemade Keto Marinara:
- Dipping deep fried mozzarella sticks in
- Pizza Pie
- Chicken Parm
Save yourself some monies and carbs and give it a try!
- Firstly, pour the tomatoes out of the can and crush them 🍅🍅🍅
- Add the broth to the can and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot add in garlic.
- After a minute, pour in the tomatoes and broth, along with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sweetener and oregano.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and place in a jar or Tupperware and store in the fridge!
The entire jar of Homemade Keto Marinara is 750 calories and 30g of carbs. My nutritional breakdown is based on 6 servings!