Keto Carrot Loaf
You will need
- 1 1/2 medium sized carrots
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200g or 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp crunchy flax seeds
Nutrition per serving
This Keto Carrot Loaf is one of my absolute favourite things to have for lunch topped with some smooth peanut butter! Yes, I said carrot 😯, and while you’re correct in thinking that it is slightly higher in carbs than other veg, it is perfectly fine to enjoy them in moderation !
The whole loaf contains 1.5 medium carrots which equates to about 10g of carbs. Divided into 10 slices means the carrot only adds 1g of carbs per delicious slice.
I’m calling it bread because it borders on sweet and savoury. It pairs well with soups and is great with scrambled eggs too.
Hope you give it a try!
- Firstly, shred the carrots into a large bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients and mix to a thick batter consistency.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake at 350°F / 175°C for 45 minutes.
- Take out and let cool before putting it in an airtight container.
- Enjoy – this makes roughly 10 slices.
This Keto Carrot Loaf yields 10 big slices!