You will need
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Nutrition per serving
What’s next is my initial thoughts having come across the Keto Chaffles recipe on Reddit last week. Like jeeeeeez, cheese really is taking over the keto world 🙈
I’m not the biggest cheese fan and actually struggle to eat a fathead pizza because it’s just so heavy. Surprisingly, having made these Keto Chaffles (cheese waffles) I was pleasantly surprised with the taste and crispy texture. Once they’re topped with some sugar free syrup you won’t be able to tell that they are loaded with cheese and almonds 😛
At 450 calories for 2 hefty waffles and only 4g of carbs, they really are a tasty and filling breakfast!
Give them a go
- In a bowl, mix together, egg and vanilla.
- Then, mix in the baking powder, almond flour, cinnamon and sweetener.
- Lastly, add in the mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
- Spray your waffle maker with oil and let it heat up to its highest setting.
- Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden.
- Take it out carefully, and top it with butter, and your favourite low-carb syrup, I love this one from Walden Farms.
This Keto Chaffles recipe makes 2 Cheesey Keto Breakfast Waffles 🧀🧀