Keto Chicken Parm
You will need
- 1/2 cup of unflavoured protein powder
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of oil for frying
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
Nutrition per serving
Crispy, juicy chicken, marinara and cheese….what’s not to like about that? This Keto Chicken Parm recipe is fricken delicious and a little bit different than most of the keto parm recipes out there too! This time I used ‘whey protein powder’ instead of the regular ground almonds. Now before you panic, it was unsweetened protein and it worked perfectly 😄. In fact, the protein powder acted more like a flour than anything and gave this delicious crispy, golden crumb once mixed with the spices and parmesan cheese.
Unfortunately, I can’t claim this invention as my own because I actually read it from another chicken recipe on theprimitavepalate website and was so intrigued that I had to try it. I was not disappointed and neither will you lot be!
Serve this dish along side song zucchini noodles or a nice green salad for a low carb and super tasty dinner 😉
Give it a try
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 375F or 185C and line a plate with paper towels to place the chicken on.
- Next, make your breading in a shallow dish by whisking together the protein powder , and other dry ingredients.
- Then, in a large pan, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
- In a shallow dish beat the egg and heavy cream.
- Next, dip each piece of chicken in the egg so that it is full covered and then dip it in the breading so that it is fully covered on all sides in the breading mixture.
- Then, fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until a nice golden colour.
- Once done, place the chicken on the paper towel lined plate.
- Then, spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish or oven proof dish. Place the chicken in the dish and then spread the remaining marinara sauce evenly on top of the chicken. Place the sliced mozzarella on top of the chicken and bake for 20 minutes until it’s a nice golden brown.
- Lastly, enjoy piping hot with some salad!
This recipe makes 4 servings!