You will need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 small red chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 pounds ground beef (700g)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander ground
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or 88.5g of red kidney beans
- Dash of worcester sauce
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Nutrition per serving
The traditional way of making a chilli involves lots of non keto ingredients such as sugar or kidney beans. With a few subtle tweaks, this Keto Chilli recipe tastes just as good as the real deal and even has kidney beans 😆. It makes 7 bowls, so enough to feed a family and the best part is it is still only 5g of carbs per serving!
Serve it up with some delicious fixin’s such as sour cream, cheese, spring onions or guacamole 🥑
You could also cook this in the slow cooker if you wanted to, just pop everything in and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Give it a go,
- In a pot over a medium heat add the oil, onion, garlic and chopped chilli’s and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Next add the chilli powder and salt.
- Then add the beef, cook for 10 minutes until well browned.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, cumin and coriander and worcester and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding the canned diced tomatoes, sweetener and pepper.
- Next, add the kidney beans.
- Finally, reduce the heat to a low simmer and continue to cook, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
This Keto Chilli Recipe makes 7 big portions!