Keto Chocolate Buttercream
You will need
- 200g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 200g cream cheese at room temperature
- 10 tbsp of sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 4-6 tbsp of cocoa
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
This Keto Chocolate Buttercream is insanely good. It’s rich, creamy and just the right consistency to frost ANYTHING. I mean it, id actually use this to frost an egg it’s that good 🤣.
It took about 15 minutes in total to make and the standing mixer did all the hard work for me ( I got one of those Aldi Mixers that are the exact same as a KitchenAid). Now, the batch is quite calorific if you were to sit and eat it all with a spoon but since most of us won’t do that it’s ok. You could easily frost 20 cupcakes or brownies with this which would mean less than 100 calories each in frosting!
Some Possible uses for the buttercream
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Frosting a Cake (maybe a Valentines Day Chocolate Cake)
- Piped into hulled Strawberries
- Blend a spoon into a protein shake
- On celery sticks 🤣
Give it a try
- Start off by adding the butter, cream cheese and sweetener to a mixer.
- Cream the mixture with your mixer using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Remember to scrape the bowl every so often to ensure an even mixture.
- Next, after about 10 minutes, add the cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Pipe onto cakes, muffins, cupcakes or eat it straight out of the bowl!
- Store in the fridge and remove a couple of hours before using to allow it to soften.
The entire batch is 1900 calories and 7g carbs! 20 portions is 95 calories per serving and 0.4 carbs.