Keto Chocolate Torte
You will need
- 4 oz or 120g of good Dark Chocolate (min 85%)
- 1/2 cup butter (115g in weight)
- 1 cup sweetener (I use erythritol) (separated into 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup)
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (50g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
Nutrition per serving
This dark and squidgy Keto Chocolate Torte recipe is the stuff of dreams! Well, my dreams anyway 😮. It’s unbelievably rich and will satisfy even the biggest chocoholics! The great news is that the entire torte is only 16g of carbs (just incase you can’t stop yourself 🐽)
Again, as with most of the recipes I post, this Keto Chocolate Torte only has 7 ingredients and isn’t overly difficult to make. The eggs are separated and whisked so as to try and incorporate a bit of air to help with a rise. Don’t worry if it is flat, it will still be decadent and fudgy.
How to Eat It?
I like to serve mine cold out of the fridge with a blob of cream. Some people might like to heat it up slightly in the microwave but i’ll leave that to the more adventurous folk 😂
Hope you enjoy
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 300°F or 150C.
- Next, melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler (pot over simmering water)
- Then, once the chocolate and butter are melted and combined, add in half a cup of erythritol and stir until dissolved.
- Once that’s ready, set it aside while you prepare the eggs. Separate 3 eggs and beat the egg whites until they’re foamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup of erythritol while beating the egg whites. They should turn glossy and form stiff peaks.
- Clean off your beaters and beat your 3 egg yolks with the last 1/4 cup of erythritol. They should double in volume and turn a pale yellow.
- Then add the buttery chocolate mixture to these pale yellow egg yolks and stir to combine.
- Add in 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and combine. Add the vanilla and salt as well.
- Now add a third of your egg whites at a time and fold them in gently. Repeat until all the egg whites are evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much so as to keep the air in the egg whites!
- Then pour your chocolate cake batter into a greased tin. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours before serving to allow it to set.
- Lastly, cut into 8 slices of chocolate heaven 😀
This Torte makes 8 slices of dense and squidgy chocolate heaven 😛