Sticky Keto Cinnamon Buns
You will need
- 100g/1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 50g/2oz of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt and cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla
For the filling
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
These Keto Cinnamon Sticky Buns are low carb, sugar-free and so fricken delicious you will just love them. They are perfect for weekend breakfasts and make you feel you are eating something naughty 😊.
I have made these now at least 20 times and they don’t last very long. For this recipe I used both Ground Almonds and Coconut Flour but I do also make them without the Coconut Flour. Just replace the 2 tablespoons of CF with 3 tablespoons more of Ground Almonds.
I hope you like them as much as I do.
- Firstly, add the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix well and add the dry ingredients.
- Then, microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Let cool and then add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Then, roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper in a rectangle shape.
- Next, for the filling- melt the butter and add the cinnamon, sweetener and salt and combine to form a sticky amber paste.
- Spread the paste on the rectangle shaped dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 7 long strips.
- Roll each strip up away from you to form a Cinnabon shape (roll into a wheel shape)
- Finally, place the Keto Cinnamon Sticky Buns in a greased dish (i like to pack mine all in together so as that they are touching in the dish)
- Bake for 22 minutes at 180C or 355F.
- Lastly, once cooled top with cream cheese frosting (i just add 3 tbsp cream cheese to 1 tsp of the cinnamon paste and mix it together)
And there you have it, yummy Keto Cinnamon Sticky Buns!
This recipe makes 6 big Cinnamon Sticky Buns.