Keto Couscous Salad
You will need
- 1 lb or 350g of chicken breast or thigh, diced small and pan fried in olive oil and salt.
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets and food processed into small pieces.
- A cucumber, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- A handful of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition per serving
I know I keep saying this but Cauliflower really is the holy grail for Keto folk! It can make pizza, pasta, hash-browns and mashed potato! This time it’s Couscous in a delicious low carb and versatile Keto Couscous Salad 😊
Couscous is a grain and so unfortunately is too high in carbs to enjoy on the keto diet. Cauliflower in this instance perfectly mimics the texture and absorbency of the couscous. It’s great in that it’s very versatile so you can add in what you like and take out what you don’t 😉
This Keto Couscous Salad is perfect for bbq’s or just as a side. Why not try it this 4th of July 🇺💃🎉
- Firstly, chop the chicken and pan fry ensuring to season it well.
- Then, blitz the cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles couscous.
- Chop the veg and place in a large bowl.
- Throw in the blitzed cauliflower and mix.
- Add in the olive oil, spices and lemon juice and mix.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your taste!
This Keto Couscous Salad makes 4 servings!