Keto Fried Rice
You will need
- 400g Chicken Breast (roughly 16oz)
- 2 Pouches of frozen Cauliflower Rice (yay Aldi)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Spring Onion
- 4 Tbsp frozen peas
- 1 Chicken Oxo Cube (or 1 tbsp of chicken stock granules)
- Dash of Soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprinkling of dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Oil
Nutrition per serving
We’re a planet of takeaway (takeout) lovers and Chinese food definitely ranks at the top for me. Maybe it’s just an Irish thing, but sitting in on the weekend binge watching Netflix with a Chinese is A BIG DEAL. We just started watching Pandemic and it’s eerily fitting to our current global situation 🌍.
Anyhoo, as well as tasting amazing, this Keto Fried Rice dish takes 15 minutes from start to finish and is a real showstopper. Since i’m not a spicy food lover, this is a nice and mild but still very flavoursome recipe and the good news is that it’s only 5g of carbs 😲.
- Firstly, dice the chicken and fry it in a large pan in a little oil until just cooked. Remove from the pan.
- Next, microwave the cauliflower rice as per instructions and allow to cool before opening so YOU DON’T SCALD YOURSELF.
- Then, fry off the rice in a dry pan so as to remove some of the moisture (you don’t want gooey rice here).
- While the rice is frying, chop your spring onion and prep the frozen peas. (you can microwave them but it’s such a tiny amount that they will cook instantly).
- Move the rice to one side of the pan and crack in the 2 eggs and allow them to scramble. Add in the salt and pepper at this point.
- Next, mix the scrambled egg through the rice and season with the chicken oxo cube (or chicken stock granules). Add in the soy sauce and and veg. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, dish up and sprinkle with dried chilli flakes.
This recipe makes two massive comforting bowls of Keto Fried Rice!