Keto Kung Pao Chicken
You will need
- For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup keto soy sauce (cheap as chips on Amazon and will last ages)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced (or 3 tsp garlic paste)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (sriracha is great)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp sweetener (you can also buy this in Tesco)
- For the Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 pounds or 500g chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper
- 3 dried red chiles
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Spring onion
Nutrition per serving
The weekend is once again upon us and so is the end of January. Go you for sticking to the diet in what can be a really tough month mentally for various reasons! I actually no longer eat in keto but my Fiancé does and so I continue to cook and bake recipes for him (and to use here).
Anyhoo, this Keto Kung Pao Chicken recipe is just the treat you want for a weekend dinner. It’s low carb, easy to make and legit delish. Serve it with some cauliflower rice and you’ll have a keto friendly Chinese takeout 😉.
- In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients, and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium/high heat.
- Dice the chicken thighs into small pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot oil.
- Cook until browned.
- Add in the red pepper and dried chillis and cook for 5 minutes until the peppers soften.
- Next, pour in the sauce, add the peanuts, and mix together.
- Turn up the heat and let the sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions!
Serve with cauliflower rice 🍜
This Keto Kung Pao Chicken Recipe makes 4 servings!