Keto Lemon Bars
You will need
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of almond flour (Ground Almonds)
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick of melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour (Ground almonds is fine)
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
Nutrition per serving
These Keto Lemon Bars may be small in size but they are definitely big in flavour and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
They remind me of a classic lemon tart au citron but without all the sugar and carbs. You want the bars to be the perfect combination of sweet but also tangy with lemon, so be sure to taste as you go along to make sure you get the balance is just perfect 🍋🍋🍋
- Firstly make the crust. Preheat your oven to 350F or 170C and line a 9″-x-9″ baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Next, press this mixture into your prepared pan in an even layer and bake until it is lightly golden and looks like shortbread. (about 15 minutes)
- Then, make the filling: In another large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Add the ground almonds and sweetener, and whisk to combine into a yummy yellow batter.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust and bake until filling is just set, this can vary depending on your oven so check it after 12 minutes.
- Let cool to room temp, then refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares and dust with more powdered sweetener if you like! Serve with a hot coffee for an extra special low carb treat 😀
This recipe makes 16 delicious Keto Lemon Bars 🍋🍋🍋🍋