Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones
You will need
- 2 cups or 200g almond flour
- 1/3 cup sweetener (sugar consistency is best)
- 1/4 cup or 30g coconut flour
- 50g cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup or 60ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup or 75g fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Nutrition per serving
I love a scone whether it’s for breakfast on the go or an afternoon tea treat with coffee! These ‘keto lemon blueberry scones’ are simple to make, using everyday kitchen ingredients and takes only 35 minutes 😀
They are fluffy and sweet and taste just like a regular scone without the heavy ‘carb’ tummy afterwards. They are delightful served with some good butter or a dollop of cream. If you feel like it you could even make some sugar free jam to go with it 😵
In the event that keto lemon blueberry scones aren’t your jam then you could easily make this using any other low carb fruit. You could also omit the sweetener and add in some cheddar and chives for a savoury twist!
Firstly preheat the oven to 325F or 160C and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Next, in a mixer, whisk together all the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Then add in the diced, cooled butter and mix until you have what resembles little pea sized lumps of butter.
Then, with the mixer on low stir in the wet ingredients and mix until the dough begins to come together. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and work into the dough.
Gather the dough together and turn out onto the prepared baking sheet. Pat into a rough rectangle about 10 by 8 inches.
Next, use a sharp large knife to cut into 6 squares. Then cut each of those squares diagonally into two triangles. Gently lift the scones and distribute them around the pan. You can also use a circular scone cutter if you have one.
- Then, glaze each scone with egg wash (an egg beaten with a dash of cream) and sprinkle some sweetener on top for extra crunch
Lastly bake in your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Serve warm with butter!
This recipe makes 12 Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones