Keto Molten Mug Cake
You will need
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener (depends how sweet you like it)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
Nutrition per serving
This Keto Molten Mug Cake recipe is rich, oozing with liquid chocolate and only 4g of net carbs! It is the perfect little sweet treat for those who don’t have the time to bake a whole cake. It’s also great for those (me) who are afraid they will eat a whole cake 🤦♀️.
My keto motto has always been ‘dessert everyday’. Life is too short to not have that piece of cake or cookie after dinner. So, I simply re-create my favourite treats using low carb ingredients et voila, dessert everyday!
- Start off by combining your sweetener and cocoa powder in a small bowl to remove any clumps. This is key for a good consistency.
- Next, in a little jug, beat your egg until fluffy.
- Then add your egg, heavy cream and vanilla extract to the sweetener and cocoa mixture. Add the salt and baking powder as well.
- Lastly, spray a little cooking oil into the mug, pour your batter in and microwave for 30 seconds. Check the consistency and microwave for another 30 seconds. The top should be slightly jiggly so microwave it again if for a few more seconds if needed.
Serve warm and topped with whipped cream!