Keto Pulled Pork
You will need
- A 5 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper (yes, I prefer white)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chilli pepper
- 1 Litre diet coke (Pepsi all the way for me)
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sugar free bbq sauce
Nutrition per serving
This day last week (Christmas Eve) I cooked my festive ham in the slow cooker in a bottle of diet coke and it was magnificent! While it’s safe to say keto has gone out the window the past few weeks, I still like to make note of possible keto recipes for when I’m back at it…..and this Keto Pulled Pork is one of them 😉
It takes about 1 minute to assemble what you need and stick it in the slow cooker (crock pot for my State-side followers). The wait is rather long, 8 hours on low and slow to guarantee maximum tenderness and juiciness BUT it is sooooo worth it. Pare it with some Keto coleslaw and low carb bread and you have yourself a tasty little January dinner. Yes January. How did that happen? Yesterday was the 1st December in my head and now it’s the fricken new year and I am expected to be all ‘good’ and ‘restrictive’ again 😫😫😫#keto .
PS-any of you who are interested, I use the Walden Farm Sugar Free BBQ sauce which you can get here .
Anyhow, hopefully this cheeky little Keto Pulled Pork recipe will help with the January blues!
Happy New Year all
- Firstly, start off by chopping an onion into large chunks. You are going to use the onion as a base for the pork to sit on in the slow cooker. Place the onions at the bottom and switch on low.
- Next, mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and rub all over the pork.
- Then place the pork in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Top with the diet coke and allow to cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove as much of the liquid as possible using a ladle. Then add in the cup of sugar free bbq sauce and leave to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Next, check for seasoning, in general a little more salt and pepper is probably needed at this point.
- Lastly, serve alongside creamy keto coleslaw and low-carb bread for an extra special treat 😊.
Recipe makes 12 servings!