Keto Salted Caramel Hot Choc
You will need
For the Salted Caramel
- 1/2 cup or 120g of butter
- 3 Tablespoons of granular sweetener, I use a stevia erythritol blend.
- 3/4 cup 180ml of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
For the Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
Nutrition per serving
A Keto friendly Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate? Yep, you bet! Seriously, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on all the good wintery treats with this 😍
The good news is that the caramel takes 20 minutes to make and tastes EXACTLY like regular salted caramel without the carbs 😊. The entire recipe is only 5g of carbs and 1 tablespoon is roughly 1/4 a gram of carbs.
Other Possible Keto Salted Caramel Uses
- Drizzled over keto brownies
- Salted caramel Latte
- Salted caramel whipped cream
- Drizzled over keto french toast
- Guzzled with a spoon
Hope you enjoy
- Firstly, start off by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat until melted.
- Continue to simmer butter, stirring constantly until you reach a deep nutty brown colour.
- Next, you want to add the sweetener and cream and stir to combine.
- Cook for roughly 10-15 minutes, allowing cream and butter to thicken.
- Then, remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Lastly, continue to stir as the caramel cools so as to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge for up to a week or use in your keto Salted Caramel Hot Choc straight away!
For the Keto Salted Caramel Hot Choc
- Heat the milk and cream
- Add the sweetener, cocoa powder and 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce to the blender and blitz.
- Serve hot.
Each mug of Keto Salted Caramel Hot Choc is only 2.5g of Carbs!