Keto Shortbread Cookies
You will need
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup of sweetener
- Good pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 large Egg
- ½ tsp orange zest
Nutrition per serving
These sweet, buttery Keto Shortbread Cookies are super easy to make and are the perfect afternoon coffee snack. Each cookie is only 1g of carbs and the entire batch is only 16g of carbs 😵.
Aside from eating them as they are, you can use these cookies as a base for keto cheesecakes or tarts 💃
Usually I would bake keto stuffs using regular ground almonds that I buy in Aldi Ireland for €1.50 and they work just fine. These Keto Shortbread Cookies are a very delicate cookie and so they require the finer ground almond flour which is more expensive but gives a softer crumb. I bought a 3 pound batch from Amazon for $7.99 and have included the link below 😛
- Firstly preheat oven to 150C/300F.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminium foil so that it hangs over the sides on two sides (this helps when it comes to removing the baked cookies from the pan).
- Then in a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, sweetener, salt, vanilla extract and orange zest. Mix to combine.
- Next add the butter and rub into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Use the tips of your fingers to press the dough into the prepared pan. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. (This gives the flour a chance to absorb moisture and flavour from the butter).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are browned.
- Allow cool in the tin for 15 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
- Sprinkle with sweetener
- Store in an airtight cookie jar
This recipe makes 16 Keto Shortbread Cookies 🍪🍪🍪🍪