Keto Soup Rolls
You will need
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (150g)
- 2 oz full fat cream cheese (60g)
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour (130g)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (30g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Any seasoning you like
Nutrition per serving
What’s even the point of having a hearty bowl of soup if you don’t have a bread roll to mop it up with? I mean, soup and bread is the dream team, throw in some butter and boom, you’ve got the ultimate pairing!
Since it’s now soup season, I thought it was a good idea to share a recipe for keto soup rolls which I like to make. They are pretty much a fathead dough (made out of grated mozzarella and ground almonds) and are very easy to make. I find them to be a very good bread replacement with soup to the point that you don’t feel like you’re missing out on the carby goodness 😵
*I think these rolls are best served warm as once they get cold the cheese hardens and makes them tougher. Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to reheat at any point!
Start off by preheating the oven to 350F or 170C.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until soft. Mine takes two bursts of 30 seconds. Mix to combine.
- Allow cheese cool slightly before adding the eggs so as not to cook them.
- Add the cheese, 2 eggs, and dry ingredients into a food processor. The dough will be sticky at this point.
- Scoop out dough and place onto a large sheet of cling or baking parchment. Knead a few times and shape into a ball. Cut into 8 and oil your hands. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Add the remaining egg to a small bowl and whisk. Generously brush the surface of rolls with egg wash. Top with salt if desired.
- Bake the keto soup rolls for about 21-23 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot with soup!
Each Keto Soup Roll has 4g of carbs!