Keto Turnip Fries
You will need
- 1 large turnip
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- A good pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
No, I haven’t gone mad. Keto Turnip Fries are a thing and dang tasty thing at that! The turnip, or swede as it’s sometimes known is a robust root veg that for me is even better than keto parsnip fries. Why you say that Natasha? Well, turnip is a great source of antioxidants, minerals, and fibre. For someone trying to lower their carbohydrate intake, lose weight or improve their health, these keto-friendly fries are perfect. Yay for burger and fries for dinner 😝😝😝
By comparison, one medium potato gives you about 30 grams of carbohydrates versus 1 medium turnip gives you only 8 grams of carbohydrates. That makes the turnip, one the the best low carb veg to eat!
Aside from coating in oil and baking them, here are some suggestions to make your keto turnip fries even better!
- Salt & chilli flakes
- Cumin and Cinnamon
- Paprika, chilli and ground garlic
- Salt and pepper (white pepper is a turnips best friend)
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425 degrees F.
- Peel turnips and cut into wedges.
- Place turnip into a large bowl and toss with oil the seasonings
- Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some garlic mayo! 👍👍👍
1 serving is 150g in cooked weight!