Loaded Cauliflower Bake
You will need
- Tbsp olive oil
- Medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1lb or 350g ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- Tsp oregano
- A 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or two tins of 400g
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets or 1 bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 500g or 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 400g mozzarella cheese grated
- 120g or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and white pepper, to taste
Nutrition per serving
Even if you aren’t a fan of keto you will still love this Loaded Cauliflower Bake! It’s pretty much the same as a lasagna but without the carbs. In fact, the cauliflower acts as the pasta sheets here to soak up all the meaty, cheesy and tomatoey goodness 😱. The good news is that is super easy to make and and extremely satisfying!
If you prefer to use fresh cauliflower and cut it into florets then work away. I prefer using the frozen florets. It’s pre-weighed, pre-chopped and alls I have to do is throw it in a pot for a few minutes.
Hope you enjoy
- Firstly preheat oven to 375F or 180C.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Then, heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent and add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes (you want to cook out the paste).
- Then stir in the tinned tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Next, pour the meat sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Then in a greased baking dish, spread out half the cauliflower. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. Add the rest of the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Lastly, bake for 25 minutes.
Serve this Loaded Cauliflower Bake hot out of the oven! 👍👍👍👍
This Loaded Cauliflower Bake\ yields 8 portions!