You will need
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup sour cream to taste
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (to oven roast)
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Nutmeg
Nutrition per serving
I don’t care if it’s summer or not, mashed potatoes are ALWAYS something I want on the side of my plate and these keto friendly Mashed Faux-Tatoes are absolutely epic!
Did you know that Cauliflower is 90% water so adding more water to the mix won’t help the erm ‘soggy’ situation. I have made cauliflower mash quite a bit and I have always boiled it first and then blended it which understandably, resulted in a very gloopy and not at all appetising paste 💩The good news is that by simply ROASTING the cauliflower you will massively change the texture of your Mashed Faux-Tatoes into a more fluffy, desirable and oh so buttery consistency 😀
The awesome thing about these Mashed Faux-Tatoes is that you can use them to top pies, hello Shepherds pie anybody? You could also use it to make fish cakes or deep fried cheesy mash bites 😍. Lots of options, very little effort required and the perfect low carb dinner accompaniment!
- Firstly, preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and break up the cauliflower head into florets.
- Next, transfer to a large sheet pan and drizzle with the oil, salt and white pepper. Roast the garlic cloves alongside. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it just begins to brown.
- Then, blitz the cauliflower with the sour cream, butter, and roasted garlic.
- Season heavily with salt, white pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Reheat right before serving with your favourite meat!
This recipes makes 4 servings of AMAZINGLY creamy Mashed Faux-Potatoes!