Mexican Cauliflower Rice
You will need
- 4 Bags of Cauliflower Rice (about 800g)
- 1/4 cup butter (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1/2 small onion (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 200g chorizo, finely cubed (7 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock (240ml)
- Salt to taste
- Good pinch of white pepper
- juice of 1 small lime
Nutrition per serving
Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is the perfect staple side dish that goes with just about everything! So, if you’re looking for a one-pot dinner that is simple to make and tasty AF then give it a try 😀
While cauliflower rice is a life-saver to most people on keto, it can also be quite boring to monch on alongside that chicken drumstick. This Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is spicy and sweet and is anything but boring. You can eat it hot or cold which makes it perfect for summer BBQ’s. You can also enjoy it next to a steaming pile of pulled pork.
Top with a crispy fried egg for an extra treat 💃
- Firstly, stick the cauliflower rice in the microwave until all bags are cooked. Each bag usually takes 6 minutes.
- Next, in a frying pan, sauté the onion in the butter until translucent.
- Then, add in the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes until all the oils are released.
- Add in the garlic and stir through.
- Next add in the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes and seasoning.
- Then add in the cauliflower rice and the chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Cook on medium for 15 minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Spritz with the lime to finish.
Serve alongside any of your favourite keto dishes!
This recipe makes 6 servings!