Roasted Sprouts Gratin
You will need
- 900g/2lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 20g or 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tsp oil
- 150g/5oz lardons or bacon cubes
- 20g/¾oz flaked almonds
- 400ml heavy cream
- 2½ tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- 4 tbsp Parmesan
- salt and white pepper
Nutrition per serving
Perfect for Christmas or just a fancy midweek dinner, this roasted sprouts gratin will keep everyone happy – bacon, cream, almonds and parmesan make for a luscious accompaniment to ANY meat!
It only takes 25 minutes from start to finish and is absolutely delicious 😉
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200C/180C.Then place the sprouts into a saucepan of simmering salted water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until almost, but not quite, cooked. Drain thoroughly, allow to cool slightly, then cut in half.
- Next, place the butter and oil into a wide frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the bacon lardons and almonds and gently fry for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Then add the sprouts and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Pour in the cream and bring the mixture to the boil. Boil for 2-4 minutes, until the cream has reduced to a rich sauce. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and spoon into an ovenproof gratin dish.
- Mix the ground almonds, flaked almonds and Parmesan together in a bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the top of the sprout mixture.
- Lastly, place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden-brown and the cream visibly boiling.
This recipe makes 8 servings as they are very filling!