Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
You will need
- 100 g almond meal/flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp sweetener (granulated)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60g or 2oz of dark chocolate (chopped into pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 180 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 125 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Pinch of salt
Nutrition per serving
It may not be the prettiest of the dessert bunch but this Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake sure does taste good! Making cakes in the slow cooker is something relatively new to me, having first bought one just last year. While the cakes will never come out looking like something from the GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF (hello it’s starting Tuesday and I’m so excited) 😛 they still taste great and are so easy to make! You literally mix everything together, chuck it in the slow cooker and cook on low for a couple of hours and go off about your day. And then before you know it, you have a keto approved, delicious Slow Cooker Keto Chocolate Cake 😍 Just watch how fast this thing disappears!
Note- My slow cooker is 5 quarts (4.7litres), and my cake was cooked after 2 hours on low. The smaller slow cooker may take 2 1/2 hour to 3 hours to cook, so keep an eye on your cake towards the end.
Happy slow cookering
- Firstly, start off by greasing the liner on your slow cooker.
- Next, in a large bowl mix together all the wet ingredients for your cake and sift in the dry. Mix together.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread it out. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces on top of the batter.
- Then, mix together the chocolate sauce in a cup and pour it over the batter. Let the chocolate sauce sit on top of the batter, do not mix it in.
- Place the lid on and cook the cake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the low setting. It is done with the top is shiny and looks fudgey.
- Lastly, scoop the cake out and serve in bowl!
This Slow Cooker Keto Chocolate Cake recipe makes 5 servings