Spicy Keto Squash Soup
You will need
- 500g Butternut squash (aldi has a frozen one)
- 100g Red pepper
- 50g Onion
- Butter for frying
- 1/2 cup cream
- Chicken stock (depends on how thick you want it)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garam Masala
- Dried Chilli Flakes
Nutrition per serving
Seeing as it’s rather wintery here I have been immersing myself in cold weather comforts like this spicy keto butternut squash soup. It’s thick, gently spiced and RATHER SOUPER 😛
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make so it is perfect if you have just come in the door from a hectic day. Whip the ingredients out of the freezer and pop it in a pot and 20 minutes later it’s ready to be blitzed . Having had it for dinner the last few evenings, I think I am qualified to say that it is the perfect accompaniment to a Netflix binge 🤣
I added chopped up pieces of sausage to mine when serving and it was deeeelicious 🐻 I got 5 bowls of thick soup out of this and it comes in at 8g of carbs per serving but is well worth it!
- As with any soup, sauté all the veg and spices in the butter. Add the stock (about 2 cups) and simmer. Blitz together and boom!
- You could roast the butternut in oil and sage first if you’re feeling extra fancy.
- Serve hot with some keto almond bread or like I did with some cut up sausage pieces 😀
At 8g Carbs per serving this is the perfect winter soup!