Spicy Spanish Chicken
You will need
- 400g or 16oz boneless chicken thighs
- 100g Chorizo chopped into discs
- 6 pork sausages chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 small onion cut into chunks (red or white onion)
- 200g or 8oz of raw cauliflower cut into chunks
- 2 tsp garlic
- A small chopped chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- A can of cherry tomatoes (400g or 14oz can)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sweetener to taste (taste at the end)
- A Chicken stock cube
Nutrition per serving
This low carb Spicy Spanish Chicken casserole is as delicious as it is pretty! It’s also easy to make with everything being just thrown into a casserole dish to bake.
I made this type of casserole a lot pre-keto. Well, with the addition of some cannelloni beans and fluffy baked potatoes with sour cream on the side 🙌. It is absolutely delicious and totally keto friendly once the hefty spuds and beans are removed 🤣
What’s also great about it is that you could use large prawns (shrimp) instead or even cod fillets. Whatever way you decide to make it, make sure it’s sweet and fiery with chilli!
- Pre heat oven to 180c or 350f
- Put the chicken thighs into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic, salt, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano and onion.
- Next, add the cauliflower, chorizo, sausage and chopped chilli.
- Pour over tin of tomatoes, tsp of sweetener and crumble in the stock cube.
- Give everything a good mix through and cover with tin foil.
- Then, bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Lastly, check for seasoning, adjust sweetener or salt if necessary.
- Serve hot!
No need to serve anything else with this dish as it is super hearty on its own!