St Paddys Day Ice Cream
You will need
- 1 cup (240ml) of Heavy Whipping Cream or Double Cream
- Sweetener to taste, I used 4 tbsp as it becomes less sweet once frozen
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp green food colouring
- Dark Chocolate chips to finish
Nutrition per serving
When I was younger I used to work in McDonalds and on St Patrick’s Day we would sell green milkshakes. They were actually mint ‘Shamrock Shakes’ and they were absolutely delicious! And like, since everybody else is doing it, I thought i’d make my own ‘keto’ version but instead of a shake I’m making ice-cream! Oh and did I mention I’m actually Irish 🤣🤣🇮🇪🇮🇪🍀🍀
Now, I’ll be damned if I’m gonna use AVOCADO or SPINACH to make this green. Jesus no, I’m using green food colouring and also mint extract and it tastes real good too! I actually made this ice-cream way back in July and forgot to post the recipe. It seems kinda apt to post it now though 🤷
Did someone say MILKSHAKE?
To turn it into a milkshake you would actually just need to pop it into the blender with some ice and low carb milk of choice!
*If you have an ice-cream make you can use that.
- Firstly, whip the cream and sweetener together until you have nice stiff peaks.
- Then taste for sweetness, remember it should be a little sweeter than you want at this stage as the freezer takes away some of the sweetness.
- Next, add in the peppermint and green food colouring. Making sure again to taste for strength of peppermint.
- If you have an ice cream churner, place it in the bowl and churn, if not place in a Tupperware container and freeze for no more than an hour.
- Lastly, scatter with some chopped dark chocolate to finish!
Recipe Makes 3 Portions of 'St Paddy's Day Keto Ice Cream'