Thanksgiving Keto Sausage Stuffing
You will need
- 8 oz sausage meat
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 stick butter (65g)
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 4 bags frozen cauliflower rice (Aldis finest 😊)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Nutrition per serving
For most people, their favourite bit about a big festive dinner is the stuffing. Now, this can obviously cause utter panic for those following a low carb diet what with the entire thing being made out of bread 🤦♀️. Thankfully, there are some Keto-friendly alternatives that taste great and will help fill that stuffing shaped void on your plate 😝.
This recipe is a simple one I use and it makes 7 servings, each coming in at 5g of carbs each and 160 calories. I prefer to use cauliflower rice as I find it mimics the consistency of breadcrumbs better than larger chunks of cauliflower, but if you prefer you can use regular cauliflower!
Traditionally stuffing is stuffed inside the turkey, hence the name so again, this is an option if you would prefer to do it that way.
- Firstly, chop all the veg into small pieces.
- Next, in a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Then, add the garlic, celery, carrot, and sausage and sauté for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Next, add thyme, rosemary, sage and broth and stir to combine.
- Spread into a baking pan and bake in a 300f or 160C oven for 30 minutes or until it gets crispy on top.
- Lastly, serve hot with your favourite Thanksgiving meat 🦃🦃🦃
This recipe makes 7 servings of Thanksgiving Keto Sausage Stuffing!